Flashing an Image
Before You Start ...
Here are some stuff you need before you start:
- An microSD card that is at least 4GB.
- A USB to serial adapter.
- A 5 VDC power supply.
- A serial adapter. It would be the best if you get it from Toradex since it needs a correct header to connect to the serial ports on the Ixora module.
- All parts are properly installed.
Preparing a Flashable SD Card
After you follow through the building instructions or download the prebuilt ISOBlue image, you should have an image tar ball. You would need to extract the tar ball content:
After extracting process, the extracted directory will look like the following:
apalis-imx6_bincontains the kernel image
uImageas well as the image files for flashing purposes.
imx_flashcontains custom scripts from Toradex for flashing iMX modules.
rootfscontains all the ISOBlue files that would be flashed onto the flash memory.
rootfs/etc/hosts contains a hostname that would cause malfunction
of Kafka. To correct this, change the first line to:
Save the changed file.
Making a Flashable SD card
update.sh to make a flashable microSD card:
After the script finishes, you will have a flashable microSD card.
Please follow the listed steps:
- Connect the serial adapter to the corresponding serial header (X22) on Ixora board. Bring up your favoriate serial terminal.
- Insert the flashable microSD card you have prepared to SD card slot (X19).
- Connect the power supply to the Ixora board.
- Apply power and hit any key to stop autobooting.
After interrupting the boot sequence, you will be put into U-Boot command line.
Then, for Ixora V1.0A, do:
- Reset the board and hit any key to stop autobooting. In U-Boot command line, do:
For Ixora V1.1A, you can skip the
saveenv commands. After
dropping into the U-Boot command line for the first time, do:
If the flashing is successful, the device will automatically boot into the ISOBlue image. Don't turn it off or disconnect anything yet. Please proceed to Setting It Up to configure the newly flashed ISOBlue 2.0.
You can also take a look at Toradex's instructions for flashing an image as this documentaion is referenced heavily upon this resource.